Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015 staff survey results are better than average in almost all areas and help rank the trust as one of the top 100 best places to work in the NHS (Health Service Journal). SCFT is the first NHS organisation in Sussex to be a ‘Living Wage Employer’.
The Trust is signed up to the disability confident scheme and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015 staff survey results are better than average in almost all areas and help rank the trust as one of the top 100 best places to work in the NHS (Health Service Journal). The Trust is the first NHS organisation in Sussex to be a ‘Living Wage Employer’. The Living Wage rate is currently £8.75 per hour. It is reviewed annually in line with the cost of living.
Band 5 Registered Nurse
(Full time, part time and secondments considered)
Do you want to work as part of a friendly, proactive and supportive team who are caring, dynamic and deliver high standards of care?
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Staff Nurse to provide quality care in one of our community hospitals. We have a number of opportunities and are happy consider full or part time hours, as well as secondment opportunities.
Crowborough Hospital is an 18 bedded MDT led Rehabilitation unit. We care for patients both 'stepping down' from secondary and tertiary care and 'stepping up' from home to prevent admission to secondary care. We aim to provide a service that supports patients to maximise their ability to live independently and return home, when it is safe for them to do so. Our Community Hospital is also some patients' chosen place for end of life care.
The role involves working in a fast-paced environment and working with a multidisciplinary team, to ensure that our patients receive the best care to support them to return home. As a staff nurse on the ward you will play an important part in the patients' recovery. You will be responsible for contributing to care, observing, monitoring and recording patients’ progress whilst communicating and managing effectively any changes in their condition and planning their safe discharge. Liaising with external partners and patients' families is a very important part of the role.
You will have the opportunity to use and develop key skills, providing holistic assessment and patient care. You will be working as part of the multidisciplinary team.
We can offer a supportive environment where you can develop skills and competencies and our team structures also provide the opportunity for career development.
Crowborough War Memorial Hospital has free on-site parking facilities which can be used by staff.
Shift patterns will include 12 hour day and night shifts on a rotational basis, we are happy to discuss flexible working patterns.
If you have a strong focus on patient care, are able to work as part of a team and are keen to play an important role in patients rehabilitation, please do apply for this post.
Our Staff Benefits
There are many benefits when you work with us; here are just some of them:
• Annual Leave - Most staff receive 27 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff) plus all public Bank holidays, raising to 29 days after 5 years service, 33 days after 10 years NHS service.
• Learning and Development -The Trust supports a learning culture and encourages all staff to undertake appropriate education and development opportunities. All staff are entitled to receive regular and frequent supervision, a personal development plan and an annual appraisal.
• Flexible Working - Opportunities for flexible working include: part time working; term-time only working; job sharing and annualised hours. We also offer staff time off to deal with an emergency; career breaks; maternity leave; shared maternity leave; maternity support leave; parental leave; adoption leave and leave for public services.
• Season ticket loans and bike to work scheme -We offer interest free season ticket loans for public transport and a tax efficient bike to work scheme with deductions taken from salary.
• Workplace Nurseries -We provide tax efficient workplace nurseries for children under 5 on our major sites.
• Health, Wellbeing and Fitness- Under the Better Deals for Staff scheme, we also offer staff free assistance towards the cost of eye tests. Occupational Health services include pre-employment health checks, advice on work-related health and safety matters, vaccinations for work and confidential advice and referral to counselling services. We also encourage our staff to register on our Trust Benefits site to receive a huge range of discounts on well-known brands and retailers and at the same time generate funds for our Trust.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Marianne Marden-Grove 01892 337246