NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 40 hours per week (10 PAs)
- Moulsecoomb Health Centre
- £84,559 - £114,003 per annum
- 30/06/2022 23:59
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust’s workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.
This is an exciting time for diabetes services in Sussex. We have been commissioned to provide a specialist Diabetes service for the populations of Brighton & Hove and High Weald Lewes Havens.
This established but innovative service is designed around a Consultant-led multidisciplinary team including Diabetes Specialist Nurses, Dieticians, Podiatrists, Psychologists and support staff and will be delivered from 5 locations across the Brighton, Hove, High Weald, Lewes and Havens area
Main duties of the job
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust are keen to recruit an additional Consultant to help further develop and lead the service. The advert is for full time (10 PAs) but part time would be considered.
This post provides an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic consultant to join a multidisciplinary team and play a leading role in developing Diabetes services across the territory.
Working for our organisation
We offer a friendly, welcoming, supportive and experienced team environment ready to support the development of a newly qualified consultant including encouragement to attend relevant training opportunities, or equally for a more experienced consultant seeking a new challenge.
The post holder will be working in a beautiful part of the country, very close to the County town of Lewes and coastal city of Brighton and Hove and South Downs National Park. There are fast train links to London and Gatwick Airport, and access to good schools locally.
A relocation package would be available and applicants should discuss details.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Applicants must have valid registration with the GMC and a License to Practice and be on the Specialist Register in Endocrinology or be within 6 months of being admitted to the Register at the time of interview.
We are a forward thinking group with a track record of delivering high quality diabetes care to our population and would look to encourage the successful applicant in developing or continuing their special interests both clinically and non-clinically. We are research active and many of our team teach at Brighton and Sussex Medical school. Come and join us.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details
- Recognised Basic Medical Degree, MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration and License to Practice
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Endocrinology or equivalent and Inclusion on the Specialist Register in Endocrinology (or within 6 months at time of interview)
- Relevant Higher Degree, other qualifications (e.g. BSc, MSc, MS, teaching qualifications
- Commitment to and experience of under graduate and postgraduate learning and teaching
- Adequate training in Adult safeguarding to meet the requirements of the post
- Broad clinical experience in Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Experience of carrying out audit and service improvement projects
- Experience of involvement in a research project and publication or published audit project
Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant specialty clinical knowledge with capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi professional/ disciplinary team and across organisational boundaries, demonstrating leadership where appropriate.
- Ability to appraise own performance, demonstrate insight and act on feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive approach to the job planning and appraisal process
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant
- Understanding of and commitment to Good Medical Practice
- Knowledge of risk management
- Understanding of the direction of the NHS as it relates to community Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Evidence of commitment to Service Development
- Understanding of the role of governance in ensuring high quality care and safe practice
- Ability to critically appraise published research
- Able to travel to meet the requirements of the job
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr David Lipscomb
- Job title
- Diabetes Consultant- Clinical Lead
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 303 8066
- Additional information
Eleanor Rezazadeh, Service Manager Diabetes, SCFT, 07787 277530 or email@example.com